• Limited evidence showed that behavioral support might be helpful for quitting waterpipe use.
• There was not enough evidence to evaluate the effect of varenicline, bupropion, or e‐health interventions for quitting waterpipe use.
• In all cases, further studies may change our conclusions. Further large and well‐designed trials on behavioral and pharmacological waterpipe cessation interventions are needed.
• Given the potential reach and effectiveness of e‐health interventions to help quit waterpipe smoking, trials with large samples and long follow‐up periods are needed.
• Reporting more details about the behavioral strategies used in study interventions would help identify vital components in waterpipe interventions.